Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Review: Stygian

Stygian Stygian by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My thanks to Netgalley, MacMillan-Tor Forge and Sherrilyn Kenyon for an ARC. My opinions are 100% my own and independent of receiving an ARC.

This is a review of the EXCERPT of the novel, which I was given as a preview to review and is now available to buy. (and yes, I have already purchased it) I am a huge fan of Kenyon and this series. I have all of the Dark Hunter books and I am trying to catch up to the this one, the 29th, oh my goodness, I don’t know how she does it, 29 books! As many have said before, it would be difficult to just jump into this one if you are trying to read this as a standalone and you won’t be doing yourself, or this series, any justice if you try. Much better to check out the first one and see if you are interested. It is a huge commitment, both time and money, but there is always the library and I love how good it feels to slip back into a comfortable story.

I’m so excited, finally, we get the whole back story on Urian. Every villain has to have his day, and this is his. If you have read any of my other reviews, you know I’m a sucker when an author can turn the tables, giving us a whole new perspective on what we thought we knew about this character. We also get to discover what makes a bad guy tick, and just like in real life, no one is all bad or all good. Things happen to us that help shape us into who we are. So bring it on! I can’t wait to read the whole thing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment