Sunday, December 23, 2018

Review: Liars' Paradox

Liars' Paradox Liars' Paradox by Taylor Stevens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Many thanks to NetGalley, Kensington Books, and Taylor Stevens for an excerpt of this book. My opinions are 100% my own and independent of receiving this excerpt.

Meet Jack. He busts into a room, grabs a woman off of her lover, throws her on his shoulders and into the trunk of his car. He has been trailing her. Is he a stalker? Jealous ex? Nope. When he releases her from the trunk, they go at it like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Except these aren’t love interests. This is brother and sister. It is obvious that they have both been trained as assassins. Their “mom”, or the woman who trained them, needs to see them. When they approach her out-of-the-way home, it blows up in front of them. So the story begins.

So, you can get the idea that this is a mix of Kill Bill, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and any other famous trained assassin movie you can think of. It reads a little like those old gumshoe movies with the voice overs. From the excerpt it seems to have more violence and sex than those old movies would have shown. I’m not sure if it peaked my interest enough to go buy the book. I would have loved to have read the whole thing and give you a better idea of what it was like and see if I would have been interested enough to invest in the series, but I just didn’t get enough information from the excerpt to be able to tell. My fault for not reading the publisher’s note that the whole book was available to download at a later date.What I did read wasn’t enough to make me want to run out and buy it. There are just too many books in this world that I know I want to read first. That being said, it peaked my curiosity enough that if I come across it on sale, I’m interested enough to give the first book a try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment