Sunday, April 1, 2018

Beauty Day


So while I was away in Florida I was able to purchase some beauty products that I had been wanting for a long time. There were products that were either not available in Canada or difficult to get. Remember, we don't only pay the exchange but there are the shipping charges which are quite costly as well as the duty and custom taxes. It usually makes the products not very affordable.

 Now I am not a girl that that has invested a lot of time or money in beauty products. I don't spend time in the morning or evenings applying lotion, or night creams and eye gels. But I am getting older and don't love getting wrinkles. Mostly, since cancer, my skin has really changed. I developed keratosis pilaris. If you don't know what that is a nickname is "chicken skin". You get these little red bumps all over your arms. Your skin is super dry (think chicken skin), wrinkly, bumpy and totally gross. It does run in my family, both my sisters have it, and I have to say I never really appreciated my smooth arms. So when I lost all my hair, and these bumps appeared, I was hoping it was just the hair regrowing and that maybe the hair was just getting clogged. I had hoped once the hair was through the bumps would go away. But no such luck, once you get keratosis pilaris there is no way to get rid of it. Both my sisters are doctors and I knew they hated having red bumpy arms, so if there was some medication, cream, whatever they would have cured themselves.

But enough about my bumpy skin. I will talk about the ways I am dealing with it on another beauty blog post. Suffice it to say, a lot of issues came up after having cancer that I didn't have to deal with before, hence the interest in beauty products. So I bought a bunch of stuff and decided that I will use them, one at a time, and see what works, what doesn't, what is worth spending mucho dollars on and what are the cheap options, when available.

So you already know that I lost all of my hair. Well, when it regrew, I only got about half back. Yes, some cancer survivors get new, luscious thicker hair than they had before and some are left much worse. So I am happy to have my hair and not have to wear a wig all of the time. The pro is that I barely have to shave anymore and the con, of course, is that I have thin hair on my head. Now, thinning hair is also in my family genetics, so I probably didn't have much hope anyway. What I didn't expect is that my eyelashes and eyebrows wouldn't fully grow in.

That brings me to my first beauty test product. I purchased RapidLash for eyebrows and eyelashes.

Image result for rapid lash



I had heard a lot about the product, mostly great things. People were very happy with the results saying that their eyelashes were so big and full they were like fake ones. So I am giving it a shot.

First things I have very sensitive skin. Second, I am prone to allergic reactions.  So before trying anything new, especially something that is going on my eye, I need to give it the old 24 skin test. I applied a small amount of product to the edge of my eyebrow. There were probably a bunch of better places to test it, but I wanted it on my face to make sure that skin wouldn't react.

So I will report to you tomorrow and let you know if this is a product that I will be able to use.

here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment