Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Buzz Books 2018: Young Adult Fall/Winter: Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More

Buzz Books 2018: Young Adult Fall/Winter: Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More Buzz Books 2018: Young Adult Fall/Winter: Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More by Publishers Lunch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an exciting line up for Young Adult books in Fall of 2018. It is amazing to see just the list of all the books that will be published not only to see the scope of how many books but also to see the breadth of subgenres within the YA umbrella. I didn't realize that this is something anyone can download for free from major booksellers. Now that I know I can recommend it to a lot of people. I get so excited to see what is upcoming, it is like a kid in a candy store. I put so many on my goodreads TBR list and that way I can keep track and not miss a thing. Reading the previews allows me a chance to really see what I am going to spend my money on. So much better than reading the blurb on the book jacket, this allows a real glimpse into story and a feel for the writing.

Some I was already excited for like "Sadie" by Courtney Summers which is a thriller but so much more. This has so much buzz I just can't wait. "The House of One Thousand Eyes" by Michelle Barker is set in East German before the Berlin Wall came down. Most YA's won't know about this time in history and should prove to be a eye opener. Julie Kagawa is starting another series. Most will know her from the Talon series. "Girls of Paper and Fire" by Natasha Ngan has been getting a lot of buzz for being an Asian fantasy novel and has a gorgeous cover. After reading the previews I will keep my eye out for "Mammoth" by Jill Baguchinsky, a plus size fashion blogger who is also interning as a palaeontologist in Texas with some romance in the mix. Roshani Chokshi from the Star Touched Queen series is starting a new series "The Gilded Wolves which everyone is anxiously awaiting. "The Similars" by Rebecca Hanover has six clones attending a fancy boarding school, made against the law, where the main character has to deal with the fact that one is made from the DNA of her best friend who died. "A Spark of White Fire" by Sangu Mandanna promises to build an exciting world where there are complicated family dynamics and kingdoms to be won told in the Indian tradition. Because I am a Sci Fi fan "Ignite The Stars" by Maura Milan promises to be another exciting action packed book where The Commonwealth tries to control the heroince of the story for their own evil purposes. They compare it to "The Lunar Chronicles" which I enjoyed very much.

In the beginning there is a long list of what is coming out where you will find other books by favorite authors, sequels to series you might already be reading and although the section is small a list of nonfiction books. It is well worth taking the time to see what is coming up in Young Adult for the Fall/Winter season.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment